Everyday Make Up

Hi everyone :)
I've been looking forward to doing a post like this! I love reading about other peoples everyday make up and I've finally decided to do one. Just thought I'd share with you all what I wear on my face on a day to day basis and and a bit of how I apply it.


So these are all the products I use for this look. And this is what I look like with it all on :)


As you can see, it's quite casual and pretty. I think that if you thought maybe this was too much, you could tone it down my using a lighter lip colour.


So starting off with the base, firstly I use the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (this is just a sample). I smooth this all over my skin but focus on my T zone with it. I then go in with my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (I've done a review on this, scroll down to see it :)). I usually apply this with my fingers, this is for two reasons: I haven't yet bought a decent foundation brush and also I just think it has a better finish. Then when it's all blended in I use a little bit of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in number 005 Silky Beige using a big brush, on mainly my T zone. 


Then on to the cheeks. I use the Sleek Face Form pallet in Fair and a Mac blush called Pinch Me.


Here's a swatch of all the colours (goes in same order of the picture above). I use the bronzer just under my cheek bones, my temples and down my noes with an angled blush brush. I then use the same brush and put the highlighter just above my cheek bones and down the side of my noes. I use the Mac blush for this look, which is the last swatch, just on the apples of my cheeks with a small blush brush. Finally I use my body shop powder brush just to blend it all in properly and make sure there are no lines. I don't often use the blush in the sleek pallet because I think it's a bit too shimmery for a day look. But I really love it, it's such a beautiful orange peachy colour, lovely for a night out.


Next, the eyes and brows. Here's a swatch of the colours I use out of these pallets.


So the first one is a white/creamy colour called Bow, this is from the sleek pallet and it's the first colour in it (the one I've used the most). I just apply this all over my lid, using a fluffy shadow base brush to start and then just a bit on my brow bone to define this. 
The next colour I use is from the Smashbox pallet called Peach. This colour in the first picture is the shimmery pink one at the very top of the pallet in the middle. I just sweep this across my lid using the same brush and focusing on the inner corner of my eye. 
The next colour is the first brown one and is from the Smashbox pallet again. This is called Cocoa and it is the matte brown shade on the picture of pallet. I use this with a blending brush and put in my crease and the outer corner of my eye. I just keep blending it into these places until it looks neat.
The last colour I use on my brows with a angled brush. This is a matte brown from the Sleek pallet called Boxed, it is the fourth colour up on the pallet on the bottom row. With this I just use little sweeping motions with the brush across my brow until I'm happy all the gaps are filled in and they look nice and defined. 
When that's all done I use my Maybelline gel eyeliner in black and just start my doing a little flick in the outer corners then go and draw a line as close as I can to the lash line, getting thinner as I get towards the inner corner. I do really like this liner however after a long day at uni, it gives me black smudges under the flick in the outer corner of my eye, which is so annoying! If anyone knows an eyeliner that stays put for a whole day, pleeease let me know!

Finally I apply my Smashbox Full Exposure mascara. I love this, it gives me full, beautifully long lashes and they don't look clumpy at all.


Last but not least, lips!

This is a Lipstick from Estee Lauder I think it's called Blushing Creme, it's not too clear on the tube however it's number 55. I love this colour it's such a beautiful rich pink and looks great with this look. There's not much to say about this, I just apply a quick coat of this and then I'm done!


And that's the final look. Woah that's a long post haha! I hope you've enjoyed reading this and it wasn't too confusing (I didn't really know how to explain which colours were which in the pallets), hope it wasn't too boring as well. Let me know what you think!
Love Marie
xoxo

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Back
to top