My thoughts on the Kylie Lip Kits



Hi everyone,
I know so many people have blogged about these but I wanted to share my opinion on them. Generally they're great but I have a few things I dislike.



These kits are expensive to get to the UK I luckily didn't pay customs for mine so it wasn't too bad, I know some people have paid over £20 for customs as well as delivery. You also get charged by the bank for converting the payment from $ to £ which for me was about £3 so all in all if you buy one kit you're going to pay about £60 tops. I bought some for a couple of friends as well and we split the payment so it worked out better value for money, I would recommend doing that if you just want one. You could also buy them off eBay as there are tonnes of people selling them on there, I wouldn't pay over £30 for one on eBay because there are so many good deals just don't get ripped off and get fake ones (they will be the super cheap ones for under £15).

So my initial thoughts on opening the lip kits was that the colours look so different to what they look like online in all of the Instagram pictures you see, they are much more vivid in real life. I've tried not to edit these too much so you can see the true colour as much as possible.



I purchased Candy K a while back and I have just bought and received Exposed quite recently (Exposed left Candy K right). My favourite is definitely Exposed. I am much more of a nude lip kind of girl. When I opened Candy K I was a little disappointed because I was thought it was a lot more pink than it looks in the photos.  



Candy K 


Exposed 

In terms of colour pay off they are great, really pigmented and you don't need a lot. Same goes for the liner, they're really easy to apply and go on really softly.

They also last really well, if you're not eating/drinking. If you eat or drink with them on, you end up with that dreaded ring around the inside of your lips where its come off but it's stayed on perfectly around the edges, not a good look. So many people said they stay on whilst eating... they didn't for me! People also said you can't feel them on your lips... You can.

Overall they are a great product and I do really like them but I feel like a lot of people made them out to be the most amazing, innovative lip product around, when they're pretty much the same as most matte liquid lip products available. 

So theres my opinion, I would recommend them but make sure you re apply after eating!
What are your favourites by Kylie Cosmetics?

Love Marie
xoxo

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I have Dolce K and Candy K but I REALLY want Exposed, Koko K and Kourt K:)

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really wanted dolce K but I thought it looked quite dark so I went for exposed :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. Oh wow I can't believe how much these can cost! The shades look really pretty on you :) I have heard mixed things about the liquid lipsticks but a lot of positive reviews on the liners. I think all in all I can't be doing with the ordering/shipping process and extra charges so I'm on the hunt for some dupes! Though realistically I really don't need more liquid lipsticks...haha

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | US & Sephora Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a lot! Thanks lovely :) Yeah I know what you mean, there are so many new matte liquid lipstick around now though like the NYX ones! There's bound to be some good dupes :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. The colors are really pretty, yet I don't think I'm going to give them a try, I feel they are super overpriced just for having Kylie's name on them and I've been recently hearing a lot of stuff about their costumer service being mean to people and selling half empty tubes, it's such a shame because the colors are great :(

    Cy | http://www.dulcedemango.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you! Yeah I've heard stuff like that too, I guess it's a matter of luck and people won't want to risk that much money. Oh well maybe we'll see them in the UK one day and we won't have to pay so much for them xxx

      Delete

Back
to top