Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Look



Hi everyone,

I received these gorgeous eyeshadows from the LivHelps event a few weekends ago that Sammy who runs littlefickle.com arranged. These colours are so nice and I really wanted to put them on my blog because they are so different to anything I've ever tried before. There is a really nice orange colour and a glittery brown/gold/pink (I don't really know what colour it is but it's nice! Haha) 


They are such gorgeous colours and are really pigmented and easy to blend. The glitter one for some reason, doesn't pick up on brushes very well however when used with my finger it worked a lot better, just something for you to note when using them. The orange shade on the left is called 'Morocco' and glitter one on the right is 'Grandstand'



This is the make up look I created and I'm going to attempt to explain the process below!

  • I first took a warm toned light brown shade and put that through my crease and blended it out using a large fluffy brush. 
  • I then took the orange and put that right on top and defined the crease a bit more and blended it into the brown using a Mac 217. 
  • Next I used the glittery shade and patted that onto my lid using my finger and then blended it out a little with a Zoeva 231 petite crease brush.
  • I then used a light glittery copper shade and put a little bit in the inner corners of my eye.
  • I took a dark brown matte colour with a small pencil brush and put that into the crease to create a deeper look and blended that out a little.
  • I then took the orange shade under my eye and went over that with the dark brown and blended it out with a small fluffy brush. 
  • Finally I took clean fluffy brush and blended it all out and made sure there were no lines or un even parts.

I hope that made sense, it's quite hard to explain through a blog post but I tried :')



As for the rest of my make up I've used Bare Minerals Blemish Ready Foundation, Bare Minerals Bare Skin concealer, Sleek Contour kit in light, Rimmel lip liner in Cappuchino with Mac Velvet Teddy over the top and on my brows is Benefit Ka Brow

Hope you enjoyed this post, I really like this look! I decided to just do a little experiment and it turned out really well!

Thanks for reading.

Love Marie
xoxo


CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. Ooooo! I absolutely love that look! It's so autumnal and the burnt orange is a beautiful touch. I'll have to make a little Makeup Geek order and grab me those shades! It looks lovely. Well done :)

    Jay
    blissfulbeautybird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You should, they're such good quality. :) xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful look, the sparkly shade looks stunning! It might work better with brushes if you use it damp? Just a thought! I've been dying to try MUG shadows for a while and I know £5.50 isn't overly expensive, it's still a fiver on a single, tiny shadow and that makes me like, I can't do it, haha. One day I hope to have a Z-palette filled with these but until then!

    www.xamandajayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good idea, I'll have to try that. I know what you mean but if you compare that to mac or urban decay, it's still better. Yeah i need to get a pallet for them because I'm just storing them in the packet at the moment. Thank you for the comment! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Marie, please be my personal make up artist from now on! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha any time! I love doing peoples make up :') Thank you!! xxx

      Delete
  4. I've just picked up my first MUG products and I love the eye shadow I bought. It's so easy to apply too! Love the glitter one you have xx

    Alice Anne // Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top